<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 25, 2005

Untangling my fingers from his, I stand up and say in my best you better be listening to me voice:
"Dad, I'm leaving now to have Thanksgiving dinner with my kids. M. is going too, but John your caregiver will be here with you still. We will miss having this dinner with you, but the kids need me to be with them tonight so I must go.

I'd bring you back some turkey, but we both know you aren't up to eat it, so if you want to have some, you will have to let go of this body and come along with me. If you don't want us to be here when you pass... well now is the time to do it. If you do want us to be here, then you're just going to have to wait two hours for us to get back."

Apparently he wanted that turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving Dad, rest in peace.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?