<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 27, 2004

Trust + Beauty = Faith

Ok before you go poking holes in my equation, (which I'd nontheless encourage) I just want to say I don't believe this is true for everyone. It just occurs to me, reading Chris post today about a canyon wren's song, and about a poem shared a few days back.... that for some of us maybe, there is this idea that in the face of tragedy, in the face of the impossible, in the moment of crisis, that we might be restored by a combination of a moment's attention to the glory of the crisscrossing network of veins in a leaf, and the belief that even if that leaf falls, that somewhere a tree produces another. At least that is what I described as my own path of faith to my women's circle, more than any ritual process, more than a prayer answered, more than a night of meditating, remembering to step out the door and quietly look and listen.



All day and night, music,
a quiet, bright
reedsong. If it
fades, we fade.
-Rumi


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?