<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

"the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings" Adam Duritz from Mrs Potter's Lullaby

Seems like a fine line between being attentive and keeping our eyes open, and dredging ourselves in misery with no possible gain.

From an Easter sermon courtesy of Beth over at Cassandra Pages, something I can hang onto as I feel myself drift into the abyss of 9/11 commissions findings, Iraqi deaths (and I do mean Iraqis. Have you noticed how many of them died in the last two weeks compared to our total in the entire time since we began this war? sobering) and increasing signs of global warming...
"we can choose to live in the shadow of death, or we can live as resurrected beings, choosing the path of love and fearlessness over darkness."

And so, a kingfisher comes to the storm of my seas.
"Amidst our arms as quiet you shall be as halcyons brooding on a winter sea." --Dryden.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?