<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004


Andrea led us on a journey Sunday night, to help us meet our shadow and light strengths. In the meditation, she led us through a door, down a path, and into our "sacred" room, from which we would exit another door and walk along a path to meet each of the elements and see what was uncovered. I had some touching revelations on my journey, I'll attempt to share more in a later post about those, but I was immediately struck by the symbolism of the type of room and place I entered when in this meditative state. In order to help remind myself visually where I had journeyed as a way to remember what I had learned, I went searching for a picture on the web to help me bring it back later. I figured a picture of the type of path I had walked on would be relatively easy to find, because I had journeyed through a Japanese garden, and the larger stepping stones set into a gravel walk are pretty typical. So late that night, I am doing a search on google, and I don't just find a nice picture of the path, but an exceedingly close replica of the room I had visioned. This struck me as amazing, the low square colored table was just as I pictured, as was the placement of the sliding doors and the view outside. But setting that aside, the thing I found telling was how simple, neat, organized everything in my context was. You should see my desk. A study in contrasts. I guess this is telling me a place of simplicity and silence is where I hear the deepening of my soul most clearly, and that sort of place is sorely lacking in my home. Nice to be able to "go there" in other ways.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?