<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Call it the devil's trade

If you had exactly 6 months to feel
Utterly happy
Knowing you will forever seek to feel that way once more
Knowing you will measure all else against it
Knowing you can never again settle for "enough"
Knowing you had sacrificed many "enoughs" in its stake
Would you grab the ring? Take the ride?
Would you guess that years later you will wonder
Was it real?
Was it worth it?
Was that all there was to being utterly happy?
Was I meant to go through life haunted by that memory/illusion?
Why should I miss it now?

Those personality tests brand me an idealist. Sometimes I am sure this is wrong, because as optimistic about the future as I might be, I seem to cloud my past with doubts.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?